Apr 10, 2009

Jet Li almost quit for Buddhism


Contactmusic.com

New York, USA -- Martial arts superstar JET LI almost quit acting to become a Buddhist monk - but he was advised to stick to his movie career by his religious guru. The Chinese movie star still meditates daily and follows Buddhist teachings whenever he can.

The ROMEO MUST DIE star says, "I wanted to retire in 1997, but I met a Thai Buddhism master who told me to continue to do it, to take some responsibility.

"I have spent more time learning Buddhism than English. I just discovered a lot of personal stuff.

"I meditate every day, wherever I go - in an airplane, just taking the car, in traffic. The longest meditation I took is 10 days, near New York City in the temple.

"It was 10 days, every morning at four o'clock to 10 o'clock at night. I was silent for 10 days, sleeping on the floor with 100 people."
(ယုံၾကည္ခ်က္ ။ ။ မုဒိမ္းေကာင္ လူရမ္းကား ၀ါဒကုိ ေဒါသမထြက္ပါနဲ႔… ႏွိပ္ကြပ္ရလုိ႔လဲ ပီတိမျဖစ္ပါနဲ႔. . . ကုလားကုိလဲ လူမ်ဳိးေရး မႏွိပ္ကြပ္ပါနဲ႔ . . အဲဒါေတြက အက်ဳိးမရွိပါဘူး။ ယုတ္ညံ့သည့္ ၀ါဒဆုိးၾကီးကုိ ျဖဳိဖ်က္ေရးမွာ ခင္ဗ်ားကုိယ္တုိင္ အုတ္တစ္ခ်ပ္ သဲတစ္ပြင့္အျဖစ္ လုပ္ကုိင္ေရးက လက္ေတြ႔အက်ဆုံးျဖစ္ပါသည္ )

No comments: